Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

50 Greys of Shade- Anastasia Steele

Back again, this time without any delays. After posting a few ideas on who could portray Christian, I realized I spent more time thinking about those actors than I did the actresses who could play Ana. Mainly I just found a few actresses who might want to revamp their careers with this "juicy role", but even now looking at my list I have to shake my head.

So here is my new (and I believe, much improved) choices to play Ana. For our dear recent at-first-innocent, kind-hearted, somewhat shy recent college graduate, I thought we needed someone who could invoke protectiveness from everyone who comes across her while still having a backbone (in other words, not your common damsel in distress).

With these thoughts in mind (and playing the scene where Christian meets Ana the first time in his office in my head), I came up with these 10 actresses. A few I kept from my previous list and some not completely fit into what I envision as Ana, but who knows.

1) Emilia Clarke
(I'm just impressed with the actress in Game of Thrones and I think she can pull of this role without being annoying)
2) Emmy Rossum  
(there is no doubt she is a talented actress who I think can bring Ana's innocence, awkwardness and gentle spirit with that unrelenting fire)
3) Ashley Greene
(this might a good vehicle to break from under the Twilight spotlight for this actress)
4) Analeigh Tipton  
(I know she's not your typical beauty but there is this awkwardness she portrays that I think relates to Ana. Besides, she is a good actress)
5) Olivia Thirlby
(She is a classically trained actress who is just likeable which is much needed in this role)
6) Jessica Brown Findlay
(there is something about her which makes me believe she can pull Ana off)
7) Jane Levy
(there is a spunk about her character in Suburgatory which I think might bring a dimension to Ana)
8) Phoebe Tonkin
(I can't help it, she was biting her lip in this pic and instantly I thought of Christian always telling Ana to stop biting her lip)
9) Imogen Poots
(never saw anything she has been in, but it appears she done some decent work and she's pretty)
10) Lyndsy Fonseca
(pretty actress who has been some decent series and movies but hasn't had a chance to shine yet, so maybe it's time for her)

Okay, now you may rip my opinions to shred as I know some of you will.

11 comments:

  1. What about Anna Kendrick? I agreed on your first list about her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And who are half of these girls?

      Delete
  2. oh gosh, i don't like any of these!! Only maybe is phoebe tonkin in a way..

    I believe there should be a open casting call for Anastasia!! There needs to be a brand new young face to play her! It'll be a dream come true for me. I have the hair/looks/personality/experience for the role.. literally everyone I know who has read that book tells me i'm who they envision as Ana Steele! If only I could audition!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about me! id love to play ana! haha
    other wise i would say Ashley, or Pheobe.
    they look like an ana steele.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyndsy Fonseca as Ana... with her natural beauty she could be a perfect Anastasia Steele!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alexis bledel is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the book Fifty Shades Of Grey. I am so glad i enjoyed Christian and Anastasia's story. I like
    Anastasia Steele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the wonderful book! I finished it a few days ago and cannot get it out of my head. It is pure magic. It was everything I hoped it would be and much more. Thank you so much.I watch she's work it is pretty awesome to see on the screen anastasia steele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen Stewart has finally responded to rumors that she's a favorite to play Anastasia Steele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Ana ...........Nice pics...........
    Read the book waiting eagerly for movie..........
    Anastasia Steele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen Stewart is perfect actress to play The Movie Fifty Shades Of Grey.
    50 Shades Of Grey Movie

    ReplyDelete