Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Drop Dead Fred- REMAKE

I find this hard to believe, but if it is true- Drop Dead Fred is coming back!

For those who have never heard of this crazy fun-capped movie, it focuses on a young woman whose old obnoxious imaginary friend comes to not only stir up her life but bring life back to her realty.

It's a little gem that I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a fun movie.

Drop Dead Fred

In the original, little known actor Rik Mayall brought this outrageous character to life. If you have heard of him before, you are doing better than me.

Now with word of this remake buzzing around, a few names have been thrown about including Russell Brand. Russell is a funny man, but after he botched Arthur, I am not sure if he should get a second chance at a remake.
 

I have a few other suggestions:

I have to throw Johnny Depp's name in the mix. He is a personal favorite of mine. His characters are priceless and iconic: Edward Scissor Hand, Willy Wonka, Jack Sparrow, etc. Give him a bizarre character and free reigns, I am confident he can do something special with it. However, this might be below his artistic realm.


Zach Galifianakis is one of the funniest comedians of this age. He helped made The Hangover. In Dinner For Schmucks, he is a riot. I think he can push the limits with this off-the-wall character. Perhaps, even beyond the limits while still being lovable.



Another Hangover actor who is hilarious to watch in so many of his works is Ken Jeong. Can you picture him jumping off the ceiling, wagging his head side to side, driving a young woman crazy with his silly antics? I can.


Zach pal Danny McBride is another great contender I believe. He was crazy in Pineapple Express and Your Highness. Plus, with his mullet- part of his costume is taken care of.



As part of the Big Bang ensemble, Simon Helberg knows comedic timing, how to deliver one line quips and to become one with the character. It might be time to show the nation that he can do more, or at least can stand apart from his Big Bang cast.


If Russell Brand can get a mention, what about Sacha Baron Cohen? Ever heard of Borat? Bruno? Ali G? I'm sure you have and it is because this man is crazy and goes to the extreme. Yet, we still want to see more.



2 comments:

  1. I loved this movie when i was young

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I watch the movie now, I think that Jude Law reminds me of the Fred guy.

    ReplyDelete